Dash Board Reporting Additional Ports - Meraki C9300-24UX-M

Pwellion
Here to help

Dash Board Reporting Additional Ports - Meraki C9300-24UX-M

Hi There

I have a stack C9300-24UX-M switches. Currently each switch has an 8 Port 1/10G SFP Fibre Uplink Module Installed (C9300-NM-8X-M). When I hover over the 8 Port Module p via the switching/switches view it is obvious that the ports associated to this 8 port module are named C9300-NM-8X / port number.

The strange thing is there are additional ports on top of the 24 Copper Ports that are displayed but don't relate to any hardware. Even referencing 3850 devices? (See screenshots) has anyone experienced this is this a bug or issue with the 9300-Ms?

Thanks

Picture3.pngPicture2.pngPicture1.png

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You know that adding a Switch Catalyst to the Meraki Dashboard is something recent, right?

I would open a support case in your place for them to investigate.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi There. For reference I have logged a call with support. I'm aware that the 9300-M switches are relatively new, however as these are the fully managed merak version (and not switches that were operating as Catalyst devices and separately onboarded into Meraki) I would have expected a correct representation of the available ports. I will update what support comes back with.

Expected behavior. The C3850 module is one of the supported modules https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Deployment_Guides/Getting_started%3A_Cisco_Catalyst_9300_Managem...

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1QBzZJPdvT8dBUJGpMXGpdzuQOoP_BfXBqCDiPqp4OpM/edit?usp=sharing

Ryan / Meraki Solutions Engineer

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

Thanks Ryan

The document explains why I am seeing all possible network Modules.  

"By default the Switch Port list page will show all possible module ports per Switch regardless of if the module is present"

Think everyone would agree that this is far from ideal, appreciate you can add filters but hopefully Meraki will resolve this in the future.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels