DHCP Relay - WAPs never come on-line and obtain DHCP IP

Solved
ANTDHCP
Conversationalist

DHCP Relay - WAPs never come on-line and obtain DHCP IP

APs were in repeater mode then factory reset and not they will not come online at all.

AP's don't receive an IP address from DHCP server (Infoblox), even though some devices on the same network segment do.

Set MS390 as DHCP server as a workaround and AP's receive IP, then back to relay seems to fix the issue but issue returns after awhile

1 Accepted Solution

I just resolved this late last night. I appears my infoblox was load balancing on the grid and the load balancing was corrupted, so it was receiving DHCPDiscovers but never sent offers. Weird that it worked for other devices and not the Meraki WAPs though. The only thing I can think of is that the Meraki WAPs discover packet had something different that Infoblox didn't like. In any event I fixed the issue with the load balancing fault tolerance and it works

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What firmware are you running on the MS390s?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If they were in repeater mode (on purpose) - take them down and plug them directly into the main network via an Ethernet until they are provisioned, and then you can put them back up again.

If you are saying that the problem was that they were in repeater mode - and you didn't want that - and that they are not getting an IP address via DHCP - unplug then from the switch and plug a notebook directly into the port and make sure the notebook can get a DHCP address.

I just resolved this late last night. I appears my infoblox was load balancing on the grid and the load balancing was corrupted, so it was receiving DHCPDiscovers but never sent offers. Weird that it worked for other devices and not the Meraki WAPs though. The only thing I can think of is that the Meraki WAPs discover packet had something different that Infoblox didn't like. In any event I fixed the issue with the load balancing fault tolerance and it works

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels