Connecting Dell Server to Cisco Meraki MS425

Solved
jfitz0715
Comes here often

Connecting Dell Server to Cisco Meraki MS425

I am setting 10 Dell PowerEdge Server to my Meraki MS 425 Switch.  The Dell server use to ports (DHCP, iDRAC).  One of the ports will get a DHCP Address from the switch.  However, the other port will need a static address to allow our system admin to access iDRAC.

Is it possible to have a static port with an address and how would I set it up?  Just food for thought, I will need to setup 10 static address for 10 dell servers.

Thanks in advance for the information.

~ Jerry

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm guessing you mean static IP addresses.  You can configure a static IP address as you would normally.  There is nothing special to be done.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's not really clear what you mean with static ports.
Usually you have access ports towards your management like iDRAC, iLo, CIMC and simple trunk ports towards your actual VMNIC's allowing all VLAN's that you need for your VM's to run on.

If you mean you need a subnet where the MS425 is the gateway you can have DHCP and or fixed IP addresses for sure.

Please clarify your idea further, perhaps even with a drawing.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm guessing you mean static IP addresses.  You can configure a static IP address as you would normally.  There is nothing special to be done.

jfitz0715
Comes here often

Thanks PhilipDAth.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels