Clients showing uplink instead of switch port.

TNelson
Comes here often

Clients showing uplink instead of switch port.

I have a (2) MS220-8P, (1) MS220-24, (4) MS220-48, (6) MS225-48LP, switches.  My clients are reporting the connection of the uplink instead of the port they are connected to.

6 REPLIES 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you show the switch port configuration?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
TNelson
Comes here often

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 7.25.35 PM.png

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Let me understand, Is it client port or uplink port? If it's a client port, why is it configured as trunk mode instead access mode?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do all of the switches plug into one of those switches (making it a core switch)?

All the switches plug into my MX100

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Let me understand, Is it client port or uplink port? If it's a client port, why is it configured as trunk mode instead access mode?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels