Client detail link

SOLVED
BadOscar
Here to help

Client detail link

Hi folks, So I needed to track a client usage and went to > Network Wide > Monitor > Clients like usual - on the right top is a pie chart showing usage - there used to be a link under this showing 'Client Detail" that would drop down a list of specific websites / usage / amount of time spent etc.... It's not there anymore and apparently I am unable to find it! The Meraki documentation clearly shows this link should be there. On networks with just a firewall or just access points it is present and accounted for, just not on the MS switch.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

Correction, one of my networks is not showing the link. It might be caused by not having Hostname visibility enabled in Network-wide --> General. I'm checking that now.

Edit: Yup that's what caused it. So enable the hostname visibility and you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I just tried this for a client with only switches and the link was there.

Some notes:

• If the client is new the detail may not show up for a while.
  • If the client has very low traffic nothing may show up.

Interesting.....it shows up for the all clients page - but once I click into any client the detail link goes away - we use this occasionally but will need to have this visibility soon. 

The clients I'm checking have been on the network for a very long time. good times.....

MS-client-detail-missing.jpg

I feel like we're simply missing something obvious but several of us clearly remember using this and none of can get it back...tried several browsers, OS'es , private mode.....

mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

What firmware are you on? Not sure if that makes a difference or not. The details link is showing up on my networks that only have switches as well.

mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

Correction, one of my networks is not showing the link. It might be caused by not having Hostname visibility enabled in Network-wide --> General. I'm checking that now.

Edit: Yup that's what caused it. So enable the hostname visibility and you should be good to go.

Ha ha - that was it - no idea when that got changed! Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels