Clear CDP - MS225

SOLVED
DavidCo
Conversationalist

Clear CDP - MS225

I am trying to update my CDP listing within my environment.  Several older Cisco APs were connected but have been removed over 12 hours ago and they are still showing in CDP, I also have a couple of HP Procurve switches that have been removed from the network that are still showing in CDP.

Is there a way to for CDP to clear?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DavidCo
Conversationalist

AN update.  The CDP/LLDP seems to have cleared, but it took a full weekend to do so.  so maybe the refresh window is 48 hours.  

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Usually clears out on its own, though I've never timed it to see how long it takes. I would imagine it would be 12 or 24 hours. Or if you plug something else it, it will override.

I don't know of any method to clear that info though.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
redsector
Head in the Cloud

Did you test to shut the ports for about 15minutes? On Cisco "classic" products the arp timeout is standard on 900seconds =15 minutes.

DavidCo
Conversationalist

I have not, thank you for the thought, but of course everything is in production now.  

Nash
Kind of a big deal

I've seen it clear within a couple of hours on its own, but I was using a two hour time window. Double check your time window. It can be up to a month.

LLDP and CDP info is sent to the dashboard every ten minutes.

N.B. I do primarily interact with CDP via the API, because I'm often needing it for all devices in a network including the MX. You have to explicitly declare a range in seconds of less than one month there.

You can do a quick test of what the API endpoint sees in Postman. You'll need to:

1. "List organizations that the user has privileges on",
2. Make an "organizationId" variable and populate it with the org id.
3. "List the networks in an organization.

4. Make a "networkId" variable and populate it.

5. Make a "serial" variable and put your device's serial number into it.
6. Then use Device/"List LLDP and CDP information for a device".

DavidCo
Conversationalist

AN update.  The CDP/LLDP seems to have cleared, but it took a full weekend to do so.  so maybe the refresh window is 48 hours.  

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels