Clarification on Network Local Time prior to doing firmware updates

SmokyMTNs
New here

Clarification on Network Local Time prior to doing firmware updates

I just want a clarification on what exactly "network local time" is before scheduling out firmware updates. Is network local whatever time the switches are located? I'm working with different time zones for multiple switches and want to do this right after each of our locations have closed shop.

So it would always be set to 18:00 for 6pm regardless of which switch I'm selecting so long as the respective locations have their times set up for the intended time zone?
2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is according to the time zone that you configured in each network in your organization.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Changing_the_Dashboard_Network_...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Firmware upgrades use the Network Local Time for scheduling.

Assume you have multiple sites around the global, each set to their local time based on where in the world they are located. If you schedule a firmware upgrade to 2am, the firmware upgrade will happen at 2am on each location, based on the Network Local time. So if you have a site in Australia and one in the US, each will upgrade at 8am their own local time.

If all sites are set to the same Local Time, Firmware upgrades will hit all sites, regardless of timezones. SO if you upgrade at 2am in Australia, it will be 6pm in the US.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels