Cisco sg200-8 added to connect additional devices.

rafi
Comes here often

Cisco sg200-8 added to connect additional devices.

Hi there, 

I added a cisco sg200-8 to an area where I need to add more than one device.  I set the port as trunk and connected to the drop.  On the meraki switch I see the switch on the port and made the port on the switch as trunk as well.  However, the native vlan is 100 but if I change it on the cisco sg switch it looses connectivity (native vlan on all the switches is 100).  Is this switch too old to work with the Meraki switches?  what switch would be recommended to place here to extend the connectivity to other devices.  Also, since the switch looses connectivity the device I plug in do not get connected.  Any ideas or suggestions on what I can add on this area to extend the network?  Much appreciated.  

6 Replies 6
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@rafi What Meraki switch do you have?  The switches should be able to work together but mixing Cisco Meraki and oter Cisco switches does have a couple of caveats.  For a trunk please make sure both switches are including VLAN 1 in the trunk, secondly make sure that the STP is not per VLAN on the other Cisco switch.

rafi
Comes here often

I am using a MS250-24P.  I will test tomorrow and see how it goes.  Thank you.

rafi
Comes here often

Actually when I was testing the  trunk port on both switches is admin all.  I will test again.  

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try native VLAN 1 on both, you can always set the management interface VLAN to 100 on the SG.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Native vlan must match which is what you’ve confirmed. Doesn’t have to be vlan 1. 

Have you configured vlan 100 in the database on the sg and as @cmr  states check your stp

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
rafi
Comes here often

Thanks for the help.  Requirements for this project have changed and I have no need to extend the network there anymore.  (:  -- I do appreciate the responses.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels