Can you monitor individual ports in LACP group?

Solved
bit_transporter
Getting noticed

Can you monitor individual ports in LACP group?

Hello everyone,

Would like to set up alerts on individual ports that are part of LACP group? I know you can use tags to monitor specific ports, but I am unable to get the tags applied to the LACP group to show up on the alerts config page. I applied tags at the individual port level and the aggregate port level, but they will not pull up on the alert config page. Is there another place to apply the tag? Or is this not possible with port groups?

1 Accepted Solution
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't have the same problem, I have an older Synology NAS that has two ports in a LACP group which is tagged as "Synology" when I go to Network-Wide > Alerts under x goes down for more than x minutes I can see the Synology tag. 

One thing that is limiting with this alert is you can only choose one tag so if you need to monitor a variety of devices via this alert you will need to have common tag for them to use. 

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 4.13.31 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 4.09.32 PM.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't have the same problem, I have an older Synology NAS that has two ports in a LACP group which is tagged as "Synology" when I go to Network-Wide > Alerts under x goes down for more than x minutes I can see the Synology tag. 

One thing that is limiting with this alert is you can only choose one tag so if you need to monitor a variety of devices via this alert you will need to have common tag for them to use. 

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 4.13.31 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 4.09.32 PM.png

bit_transporter
Getting noticed

I ended up calling Meraki support, and if use you use a template for a network that has has an aggregate port, it won't pull the tag. you'd have to remove it from the template. otherwise, it works fine for any uplinks that aren't in a port group. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels