Can I create a switch profile without a template?

RH6379
Getting noticed

Can I create a switch profile without a template?

Is it possible to create a switch profile that I can bind switches to without having to create a template?  I understand that cloning a switch is possible, but I like the switch profile feature and the switch binding.

3 REPLIES 3
MacuserJim
A model citizen

Why not just create the template? How do you envision a profile being different that having a switch template?

Can I create a template for switches and not have to include MX devices?  I have 2 networks bound to a template and I recently was asked to create a vlan specific to one of those networks on the MX84 which is where all of our VLANs are defined.  If I create the VLAN for the one network, it'll be created on the other and we don't want that.  I've been asked to change a few settings on the MX84 so I wanted to keep those individually configured and just have a profile for the switches and APs since that one-off VLAN would not be configured on or used by the switches.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The only way to do it nicely would be to automate the process - using a script that you write.  You could give it a switch to apply your automation to as an input parameter.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels