Cabling / Connectivity suggestion

SOLVED
Raji
Here to help

Cabling / Connectivity suggestion

We have ordered only 3 SW's - MS210-48FP connecting with 39 Cisco Phones.2 going to be stacking at Ground Floor & 1 SW goes to 1st Floor, Please advise the following
Cabling part between Stack Switches and 3rd Switch ?
Ground & First floor SW required separate WAN Link ? or we can connect WAN to Stack Switches from there we can connect to 3rd Switch?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's just an example, ok?

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Recommended_Topologies/MX_and_MS_B...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You don't need a separeted WAN Link, plug any one of the Ethernet or fiber ports into an upstream device on your LAN. The uplink port should have access to a DHCP server and it will also need to be able to communicate with the internet. 

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Raji
Here to help

Thanks for the reply !

So the connection part would be WAN link to Meraki Stack Switch's at the ground floor from there we can connect to 3rd Switch ( 1st Floor ) ?..

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yep, the switch only needs an IP address and it must be able to communicate with the Meraki cloud.

Raji
Here to help

Thanks for the reply Sir !

So the connection part would the Uplink device ( WAN Link ) to Meraki Stack SW's at the ground floor from there we can connect the cable to 1st floor Meraki SW  ?. Pls suggest 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's just an example, ok?

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Recommended_Topologies/MX_and_MS_B...

Thanks a bunch Sir !, Is the same applicable for Stack Switch ?

Raji
Here to help

What kind of cable we may use between ground floor Stack Sw to 1st floor SW and length of the cable generally prefers ?.. Pls advise 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

https://enableit.com/how-long-can-an-ethernet-cable-be/

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels