Authentication Meraki on switch

SOLVED
HugoS
Here to help

Authentication Meraki on switch

Hello everyone,

I have a MS 220 and I try to make the authentication with the Meraki authentication in my access policy and I configured the port on the switch.
When I try to plug the client on the switch, I don't have any connection page. I join directly the Guest Vlan.

I called the support and they said "have a look to my network card" but for me it's good.

I don't know what to do.

Thank you guys,

regards.

Screenshot_1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I found it !

Just need to configure the authentication IEEE 802.1X on windows.

I followed this link to configure it.

https://www.virtualizationhowto.com/2018/12/configure-windows-10-for-802-1x-user-authentication/

Thank you for your help.

Hugo

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Steinbep
Getting noticed

This isn't a captive portal (splash page) setup like you would on the wireless side. You will need to setup your ethernet interface to authenticate the device with the Meraki user information. 

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@HugoS You need to have an MX unit to do this for wired clients.

Enthusiast

OK thank you I will try !

@kYutobi  I have a MX64 

I searched more informations about the access policy, but I don't really understand what I need to do.

someone can help me ? I will be very enjoyed.

Thank you.

Hugo

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

I took a look and try it but I'm already in my guest Vlan 

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Did you configure your splash page for Guest VLAN? 

Enthusiast

I configured the splash page for all Vlans. When I try to plug the PC on the port with the access policy, it's like the PC bypass the meraki authentication so I join the Guest Vlan.

When I called the support they say my switch give the request but the PC doest'n respond

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

What VLAN is your switchport in? Also try different VLANs to see if a page pops up.

Enthusiast

My switchport is in the Vlan 2, so when I plug my PC I must be in the Vlan2. But I don't have any authentication so I join the Guest Vlan (Vlan 3). configure like the screen before

I found it !

Just need to configure the authentication IEEE 802.1X on windows.

I followed this link to configure it.

https://www.virtualizationhowto.com/2018/12/configure-windows-10-for-802-1x-user-authentication/

Thank you for your help.

Hugo

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels