Alerts for BPDU's or CRC's

Steven1703
Here to help

Alerts for BPDU's or CRC's

Has anyone found a way to get BPDU or CRC error alerts ? This would seem like something that would be important to get alerted on. I supports 200+ stores and going through each store to check for "loops" or "Very high proportion of CRC errors" on a trunk isn't really possible. We came from Catalyst switches and I had all that alerting working flawless via Solar winds.. Thanks for any input!

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I haven't tried this - but you could try enabling syslog and feeding it into something like Solarwinds.

I don't think you would have to act on BPDU alerts.  They can happen pretty frequently.

@PhilipDAthI really don't want to let the cloud talk back into the internal network. I though about using a cloud instance of Splunk for the syslog.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

For CRC , configure a duplex mismatch and you should have some real quick. ( eg : half duplex on a client and switchport full duplex )

@RaphaelLDo you think that alert would actual catch the structured cabling issues ?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels