Alert: Settings changed

MK2
Building a reputation

Alert: Settings changed

Good morning 🤗

i have a question for you:
if you are working in a team on a meraki switching project and someone changes a lot of ports, or maybe only 10 at a time, i can have the "settings changed" alert sent to me by mail.
but unfortunately this is not usable for such task/notifications.

Problem:
in a mail there is always only the change of one port. mostly the one that was changed first, from the rest there is no mail anymore.

Of course i can look into the changelogs, but for projects that are starting i find it interesting to see where something is changing.

how do you do it? or do you also have the "problem"?

2 Replies 2
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @MK2 - this is default behaviour and there is nothing that can be configured within the dashboard alerts page to change this.

Meraki Device Reporting - Syslog, SNMP, and API - Cisco Meraki

Maybe worth looking at SNMP which states it can alert for configuration changes.  I don't know if it'll provide more detail on the changes made however.

HTH

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
MK2
Building a reputation

Mhhh.....maybe an topic for product design? To let the admin decide how much content the "configuration changes" alert should include.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels