Adaptive Policy with MS390 at the Core

DazKew
Here to help

Adaptive Policy with MS390 at the Core

Hi,

Struggling to find any documentation on this, but hopefully someone can advise.

We have just proposed a new network refresh for a customer with an MS390 at the core, the topology will be a collapsed core design with MS120 access switches and 36/46/76 APs. ISE has also been proposed.

I know the MS120s won't be able to do adaptive policy at the switchport level, however will it be possible to apply the tag at a SVI/L3 interface level like you can on the Cat9k? I think we will be fine with the APs, but I know that the dashboard does a check when you enable the feature. The Advanced licence has been factored in anyway, so if this is possible it will really enhance the solution.

Cheers,

Darren

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I wouldn't personally deploy an MS390 into a customer.  They have far too many bugs.  Just go take a look at the release notes for MS and look at the screeds and screeds of mentions about the MS390.

If you still want to use the MS390 make sure you get the MS Advanced licence.  Can't do adaptive policy without it.  Also note if you want to do it with MR you also need the MR Advanced licence.

You might want to check out this webinar to see it in action.

https://meraki.cisco.com/webinars/adaptive-policy-set-once-secure-forever/ 

From my recollection of seeing it in action, you can apply the SGT tag at the port level.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels