Setting up Persistent Video Wall

DanielBHSNIT
Getting noticed

Setting up Persistent Video Wall

I'm looking to come up with a solution for healthcare type environment where 24/7 monitoring is required.  Has anyone set this up already and if you did what did you do?  The goal would be to have a large monitor with a video wall on it.

I am familiar with the video wall and how to build accounts.

13 Replies 13
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no good solution for this.

I used to use the "AXIS T8705 Video Decoder" (which uses RTSP) - but Axis deprecated the product.  The replacement product is not compatible with Meraki MV.

https://www.axis.com/products/axis-t8705-video-decoder

There is "Meraki Display" which you can run on an Apple TV.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Viewing_Video/Meraki_Display_Introduction

BUT, it currently requires someone to actually log into the display each time it restarts.  There has been talk about changing this so it automatically logs on on a power cycle, but I haven't head of anything being delivered in this space.

It is also only available via co-termination licencing, so if you are using PDL or something else you can't add the licence to the dashboard.

You could probably do something like using a tiny PC/NUC, and use a keyboard playback tool and have it open the web browser and log into the Meraki Vision portal and display a video wall.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Viewing_Video/Vision_Portal%3A_Introduction 

Can I ask why you stopped using the T8705, was it just because it became unsupported?  How well did it work?  

Not the OP, but we couldn't use it because of insurance and regulatory requirements. Can't have unsupported hardware in the mix. Otherwise, the T8705 will work just fine.

BHC Resorts IT Department

Because you can no longer buy the T8705.  It worked great.  Very reliable.

I did find it available on the reseller's market but the price point was a little high for us.

BHC_RESORTS
Head in the Cloud

The Apple TV is not viable - it doesn't support HLS (or LL-HLS can't remember which) so the lag is anywhere between 5-15 seconds in real time.

We deploy mini/NUC computers and that works wonderfully.

BHC Resorts IT Department
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

To be honest you are probably better using an on prem NVR solution. I have problems with session time out. It's great for ad-hoc but I would not recommend it for healthcare and 24/7 monitoring. 

Are there NVR's that work with the MV series cameras?

DurVision
New here

Are you still looking for a video wall and would all the cameras be cisco... here is a sample videowall setup for multiple cisco cameras.. also what do you monitor from these cameras as part of the video wall..any specific analytics?

DurVision_0-1723384782476.png

What we are leaning towards are 50" TV's with Intel Compute Sticks setup on the back that in kiosk mode automatically go to vision.meraki.com and give people account information for their locations.

Are you saying you have a suitable product that you sell?

I'm saying, you can still find T8705 but from 3rd party resellers and not AXIS.

its a complete VSAAS/VMS solution that can integrate meraki cameras as well 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.