Over the 16 camera in a dashboard.

SOLVED
kuni
Getting noticed

Over the 16 camera in a dashboard.

Hi guy,

I have a question about the video wall of meraki camera.

Before I asked, I searched this quesion and I saw a document as below.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Advanced_Configuration/Video_Walls

In this document, a video wall supports up to 16 video tiles.

If I use over 16 video devices, how can I see all the video ?

Is it divided page ?

For example, 1 page video wall shows 16 video and 2 page video wall shows others. Is it correct ?

If I want to show all the video, Should I open 2 dashboards to open 1 page and 2 page both ?

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rwiesmann
A model citizen

Hi, 

never had more then 16 cameras, but i understand it exactly as you mentioned it.

For example, 1 page video wall shows 16 video and 2 page video wall shows others. 

Yes, So you have then several tabs to switch between the different video walls

If I want to show all the video, Should I open 2 dashboards to open 1 page and 2 page both ?

Yes or switch between the different taps if this is feasible.

Videowall Tabs.jpg

hth

roger

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rwiesmann
A model citizen

Hi, 

never had more then 16 cameras, but i understand it exactly as you mentioned it.

For example, 1 page video wall shows 16 video and 2 page video wall shows others. 

Yes, So you have then several tabs to switch between the different video walls

Yes or switch between the different taps if this is feasible.

Videowall Tabs.jpg

hth

roger

kuni
Getting noticed

Thank you for your answer.

You mean that I can create addtional video wall to see other cameras, right ?

I'd like to know what is mean "never had more then 16 cameras" ?

In a organization, How many camera can I install ? only maximum 16 ?

Thank you,

rwiesmann
A model citizen

Yes, you can create additional walls in order to support more cameras.

See also this part in the link you posted below

rwiesmann_0-1589876087014.png

about the following question

I'd like to know what is mean "never had more then 16 cameras" ?

In a organization, How many camera can I install ? only maximum 16 ?

Where did you read that? 

You can support as many cameras as you want on an organization...at least I do not know about a limit.

rgds

roger

kuni
Getting noticed

Thank you for your answer.

In summary, I can install many cameras(over 16) in a dashboard. And a video wall can control up to 16 cameras.

If I want to use over 16 cameras, I can create additional video walls, is it correct ?

Thank you,

rwiesmann
A model citizen

Yes, i would say so.

You can have multiple video walls, each with up to 16 cameras.

HOWEVER, you will need a lot of GPU power to display 16 or more cameras all at the same time.  Don't skimp on the GPU.

I have used the Nvidia Quadro P1000 before with 16 camera video walls and it has been good (make sure you use the latest drivers).  This card has four video outputs (so you can attach four monitors).

If you wanted to display 32 cameras simultaneously then I would look at GPUs that were twice as powerful as the P1000.  It is the video decoding performance you care about.

You can also use rotating video walls, that display 16 cameras at a time, and then rotate onto the next set.  This would be much kinder on the GPU.  The P1000 will handle this nicely.

https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/2018/10/manage-your-monitors-with-rotating-video-walls/ 

Actually, if it was me, upon reflection, I would use one computer with a Nvidia Quadro P1000 for every 16 cameras you want to display at the same time.  I tend to use i7 CPUs with 16GB of RAM.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.