Optimal mounting MV22 and MV72

Solved
EJN
A model citizen

Optimal mounting MV22 and MV72

Assuming a default wall mount with good lighting and good coverage, what is the optimal mounting for the lens? Infrared on top or bottom of lens?

The 22 is easy to mount facing up or down to easily route the cable, and you can swap the clear lens cover so Cisco is always up.

With the 72 I assume the optimal is cable exiting down, especially in a wet environment. What if I have a 72 in an outdoor dry location, what I do cable exiting up? The Cisco will be upside down. 

Thanks. 

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
1 Accepted Solution
SunnyJ
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi Estaban,

Infrared is on the bottom of the lens and the following documentation is a good place to start for an optimal mounting option for MV22 and MV72 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Physical_Installation/MV_Mounting_Options_and_Guidelines

For the case of MV72, you should use wall mount arm for MV72 cable exiting up.

Thanks,

Sunny

If this was helpful, click the Kudos button below. Also, If your issue was resolved, please mark the post resolved so other users can benefit in future.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
SunnyJ
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi Estaban,

Infrared is on the bottom of the lens and the following documentation is a good place to start for an optimal mounting option for MV22 and MV72 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Physical_Installation/MV_Mounting_Options_and_Guidelines

For the case of MV72, you should use wall mount arm for MV72 cable exiting up.

Thanks,

Sunny

If this was helpful, click the Kudos button below. Also, If your issue was resolved, please mark the post resolved so other users can benefit in future.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.