Non-adjustable in video setting

SOLVED
hwany
Conversationalist

Non-adjustable in video setting

Hi.

I am using mv21, and basically streaming service and configuration save works well.

However, Full functionality(optical zoom, focus, aperture, rotation) on the Video Setting tab will not work.

I get an error message "Could not reach camera" and nothing happens.

Auto focus does not work and the screen looks blurry.

The network environment is directly connected to the ISP(public) router, so there is no firewall policy impact.

Factory initialization and the latest firmware updates have already been done and tested with many browsers.

I need your help.
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DonAnnett
Getting noticed

We've experienced this on the most recent firmware versions as well. Seems to only impact MV21/MV71. MV12 and newer seem to be OK. Not sure when the bug was introduced, but I'd recommend rolling back to an older firmware. Get support to help you if need be.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

What do you mean by "will not work". Is it greyed out in dashboard? Or can you change it but nothing happens? Did it work before? If yes, it's likely there's a mechanical issue with the camera.

DonAnnett
Getting noticed

We've experienced this on the most recent firmware versions as well. Seems to only impact MV21/MV71. MV12 and newer seem to be OK. Not sure when the bug was introduced, but I'd recommend rolling back to an older firmware. Get support to help you if need be.

hwany
Conversationalist

thanks sir!

ArtM
Here to help

Looks like 4 days ago our MV network was updated to firmware 3.23

Since then we're unable to make settings changes (zoom, focus, aperture, rotation, etc) just as @hwany experienced.

Definitely not a hardware issue since it worked before and every camera we have onsite (MV21 & 71) currently suffers the problem.

Before downgrading firmware I'm giving a shot with beta 3.24 right now.

ArtM
Here to help

Fail on firmware 3.24, didn't regain settings control.

Called support and they confirmed a bug exists and are working on resolving it.

They also confirmed the last known working firmware is 3.20 and I had them schedule the rollback immediately.

Now all the cameras are back to normal.

GeneMcNiel
Conversationalist

I have 3 new cameras that came with 3.24 can they still have the older firmware installed? is support the only ones that can do this?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.