Need 4K recording via MV72 Camera

MohanYadav
Getting noticed

Need 4K recording via MV72 Camera

Hi team, 

I am currently using cloud archive feature, now i want to 4K video recording however due cloud archive feature i cannot change to mode if i change it do I lost my cloud archive data?

also can i reconfigue after change cloud archive setting?

MohanYadav_0-1712154768985.png

9 Replies 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This model does not support 4K.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/MV_Overview_and_Specifications/Second_Generation_MV_Cameras%3A_O...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
MohanYadav
Getting noticed

WHAT ABOUT MV72X SIR?

Nope, just the MV52.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
MohanYadav
Getting noticed

In terms of video recording, the MV72X can handle up to 4K (8MP) video recording at 3840x2160 resolution with H.264 encoding, achieving up to 15 frames per second.

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As @ConnorL has indicated, when you enable cloud archiving it reduces the resolutions available dramatically, which is a real shame, although it is improving.  It used to be limited to 720p, but is now up to 1080p 15fps.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Bear in mind the significant increase in traffic (and therefore in required cloud storage) from running 4K

Agreed and if the camera is a busy camera that is a lot of traffic. If you really need 4k you could possibly utilise the RTSP stream. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.