Meraki MV integration with Homekit?

JohnH4
Here to help

Meraki MV integration with Homekit?

Has anyone been able to get this to work? I am trying use Homebridge to connect my cameras into Homekit using RTSP, but I am only able to get it to process stills/images. When I try to pull up the live-stream it throws an error.

7 REPLIES 7
Nick
Head in the Cloud

I haven't but am very interested if you get this to work!

Good luck

I was able to get it to work by disabling audio recording on the cameras. There are a couple of other settings too, let me know if you are unable to get it to work I can try and assist.

Hi John,

Excellent news!

So audio has to be disabled? Are you able to post the other settings you needed to change, as it may help others as well. 

We can't be the only ones who want this!

I used the ffmpeg plugin "Homebridge Camera FFmpeg" with the following configuration and was able to get it to work. They've recently added some new features that I haven't implemented yet but this is good enough to get started.

"cameras": [
{
"name": "front-exterior",
"manufacturer": "Cisco Meraki",
"model": "MV72",
"motion": true,
"videoConfig": {
"source": "-rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://10.0.3.169:9000/live",
"stillImageSource": "-rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://10.0.3.169:9000/live",
"maxStreams": 2,
"maxWidth": 1280,
"maxHeight": 720,
"maxFPS": 20,
"maxBitrate": 3138,
"vcodec": "copy",
"audio": false,
"debug": false
}
},

Nick
Head in the Cloud

Thanks John,

Looking forward to trying this

Simeon
Conversationalist

Hey, John! 🙂 

I can see this post is from 2020 is it still valid? I am trying to RTSP an MV63X but I am getting nowhere. 

When you mentioned disabling audio is that both by "audio": false" and the physical switch on the camera? 

BR, 

Simeon 

azchipka
Comes here often

Simeon,

I was just (as in today) able to get this working with the same settings provided above. Note that you MUST disable the audio recording for the camera on the Meraki dashboard as well. Why that's the case is beyond me it shouldn't, matter but as soon as I turned off audio recording on the camera it started working correctly. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.