Meraki MV Camera's Power consumption

AdityaKurulkar
Here to help

Meraki MV Camera's Power consumption

Hello Experts,

WE are looking to build a new Hospital Campus and wanted to explore the MERAKI Smart Camera's as an option. Can you please share if there is any ball park power consumption in Watts that these camera's consume? I have tried to look around but there is no documentation around the same .

To begin with example MV12 (Indoor Cam) power consumption. 

Is there a table or chart I can refer to find that out. 

Thanks

Aditya

8 REPLIES 8
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have an MV12WE that uses between 2.9W and 5.2W when I monitored it.  This is despite advertising 30W of usage.

Thank you @cmr That is great. Does the power consumption depend on the traffic or video recording? Basically wanted to check if it has crossed beyond 6W anytime. 

Also how do you find the analytics and resolution on this camera. 

Thanks again. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We're running it in constant record in a server room, but the analytics do pick up people coming in reliably.  We also only run it at 720p to get 31days+.  The image is perfectly okay, but to be honest it isn't a challenging view!  The variation is with no motion at all, not sure why it goes up and down so much...

Thank you for clarifying this ! 🙂

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How the cameras are connected will depend as well i.e. ethernet or Wifi. External cameras like the MV72 have heaters as well. 

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thank you for sharing. I hope they update the power consumption for all the MV series camera. 

I would say any power consumption figures will be based on a worse case scenario. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.