Meraki Camera is in DORMANT state - how to fix

Nasser-ps
Comes here often

Meraki Camera is in DORMANT state - how to fix

Hey Everyone,

My Meraki camera is currently in the DORMANT condition.

I am aware that a device in a DORMANT state is one that is not connected or has been offline for more than a week.

I then conducted some troubleshooting and accessed to Meraki dashboard> cameras>The targeted camera>Network.

I also observed the following:

• The camera is not connected to any switch, as indicated by Ethernet 1 on the left sidebar.
  • I restart the camera, but nothing happens!
  • I "pinged" the camera, but nothing happened.

Is that evidence that the camera is actually disconnected, or might there be a different problem?

Thanks

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you opened a support case?

It looks like a hardware issue.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

A dormant device as you mentioned means the device hasn't contacted the cloud for over a week, the ping and reboot live tools, therefore, won't work if we have no contact with it.

I would advise physically checking if the MV is plugged into the network and if it is powered on, if so, follow our troubleshooting KB: https://documentation.meraki.com/MV/Troubleshooting/Troubleshooting_and_Replacing_a_Faulty_MV

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you plug a device into the port that the camera is connected to can you access the internet from it?

I would go back to basics ad double check the cabling and is the device powering up, followed by the configuration of the switch port + routing.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.