MV93 analytics not showing objects like people or vehicles

Solved
Aquatoes
Getting noticed

MV93 analytics not showing objects like people or vehicles

Hello,

We installed about 4 MV93 fisheye cameras recently for different clients. Some are all mounted and some are ceiling mounted. I noticed that under the analytics section there is no option to view object detection like in the demos. It only shows the motion heatmap.

Is this a limitation to the fisheye cameras where they cannot do object detection? Or do I need to enable a setting?

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This feature is currently not working on Gen3 cameras (MV63 and MV93). If you open a Support case they can attach your issue to it and provides updates when it's resolved.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This feature is currently not working on Gen3 cameras (MV63 and MV93). If you open a Support case they can attach your issue to it and provides updates when it's resolved.

Thanks Ryan, I will do just that.

I opened a support ticket and got a reply back that this is only on Gen 2 cameras and nothing was reported for Gen 3. Not sure where I go from here?

I found the case. I'll ping the engineer.

Thank you. Appreciate the rapid response.

For anyone else following along. There must have been some misunderstanding. The case is logged against the correct bug that impacts gen3 MVs (MV63/93). This is not a gen2 issue.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Product highlights
• 360° fisheye lens camera
• Compact form factor with 180° horizontal and vertical FoV
• Large level of detail with up to 2880x2880 video resolution
• Night vision with IR illumination up to 20 m / 66 ft
• IK10+ and IP67 rated for deployment in more demanding environments
• Intelligent motion indexing with search engine
• Built-in analytics like Motion Search, Motion Recap, and Motion Heatmaps
• Machine learning capability for intelligent object detection
• Role-based user accounts provide secure video access and ensure privacy
• Cloud-augmented edge storage for minimal physical infrastructure
• Built-in automatic security with secure boot and signed firmware, backed by a hardware
security chip
• Suitable for deployments of all sizes, 1-10,000+ cameras

Do you have a valid license?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Seeger
Here to help

Same Problem as written: MV93 analytics not couting  people

Datasheet:
* Built-in analytics like Motion Search, Motion Recap, and Motion Heatmaps
* Machine learning capability for intelligent object detection
[....]

Latest Firmware MV 5.5.1 did some one find a solution or parameter that worked ?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's a bug as mentioned.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

This thread is almost a year old. People counting works on the MV93. Not sure when it was resolved, but it was quite sometime ago. This is from one of our HQ MV93s right now.

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 10.41.47.png

DNT
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi what kind of switch are you plugging cameras into? I am aware that the Gen3 cameras need to be connected to an 802.3at (30W) PoE+ port (via LLDP/ CDP) to enable the analytics and object detection. 
ie the camera may operate and consume less than 10-12W and operate fine on a 802.3af but unless it detects 802.3at it will not enable those extra features like analytics, object detection, and MQTT support. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.