MV license with CA

SOLVED
DAIDAI
Here to help

MV license with CA

Hi All,

I'd like to use MV with cloud-archive.

Are both "LIC-MV-CAyy-xxYR" and "LIC-MV-xxYR" required?

Or only"LIC-MV-CAyy-xxYR" is enough?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You do need both.  MV Cloud Archive (MV_CA) is an optional, add-on, per-device, license that is purchased separately. So in addition to the LIC-MV-xYR camera license, you also need LIC-MV-CA90-xYR for the 90-day MV_CA license.  Note that you can buy as many or as few MV_CA licenses as you need, it is per device, and it is not tied to any camera's serial number, so you can move the licenses around to different cameras if you wish.  And they don't have to be the same license term, meaning you could have cameras with 5 year licensing and perhaps 1-year MV_CA licenses.  If you have a 100 camera deployment, you most certainly wouldn't want or need 100 MV_CA licenses, perhaps only 10 of your 100 cameras might need MV_CA licensing.  Totally up to you.  Be aware it's about 1Mbps per MV_CA stream to the cloud archive so confirm your current and expected usage on your Internet circuits.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You do need both.  MV Cloud Archive (MV_CA) is an optional, add-on, per-device, license that is purchased separately. So in addition to the LIC-MV-xYR camera license, you also need LIC-MV-CA90-xYR for the 90-day MV_CA license.  Note that you can buy as many or as few MV_CA licenses as you need, it is per device, and it is not tied to any camera's serial number, so you can move the licenses around to different cameras if you wish.  And they don't have to be the same license term, meaning you could have cameras with 5 year licensing and perhaps 1-year MV_CA licenses.  If you have a 100 camera deployment, you most certainly wouldn't want or need 100 MV_CA licenses, perhaps only 10 of your 100 cameras might need MV_CA licensing.  Totally up to you.  Be aware it's about 1Mbps per MV_CA stream to the cloud archive so confirm your current and expected usage on your Internet circuits.

Hope that helps!

Dear,

Thank you for your kind reply!

Hello,

My customer asked the following:

• Do the Cloud Archive Licenses cover all cameras for the single quantity listed, or would that be the price per camera?
  • If it does cover multiple cameras, is there a maximum limit to cameras that it would cover?
  • If it is priced per camera, can the amount of storage be divided across multiple cameras? As in, instead of 90 days of cloud storage for 1 camera, can it be split to 15 days of cloud storage for 4 cameras?

--I have replied:

It is the price per camera.

It can be moved from one to another camera, but not multiple cameras at the same time.

I assume (I am asking for clarification) that splitting the 90 days as described above is not supported/possible (math aside).

Am I correct?

Is there other information I should included?

Thank you!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.