Is there anyway to add the Cameras to the equipment event logging?

Vbardy
Here to help

Is there anyway to add the Cameras to the equipment event logging?

Does anyone here in the forum know if there is a way to add the cameras we have in several of our boutique locations to the event logging in the Meraki portal? 

If so can you please share that with me?

Thank you.

Rgds,

Vicky

7 Replies 7
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If your question is about non meraki hardware? Then no, they dont support other vendors in the dashboard

Vbardy
Here to help

My question is with regard to the MV cameras.  Is there a way to add them to the event monitoring?

It should've automatically added it to the Event Logging? We have a few MVs and there's a category "for cameras". 

ntuccillo_0-1719330101850.png

If you don't have the option, I'd contact support.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't understand what you are asking.

What kind of event are you wanting the MV to log?

Vbardy
Here to help

Hello PhilipDAth,  I should have been more detailed here.  I have been trying to look up when the firmware changed and what version of firmware there was previously.  Also any details around errors etch.  It looks like we don't get anything more in depth in the event logs for the cameras. 

VBardy,

Pretty sure the only way you can see firmware changes are in Organization -> Firmware Upgrades. You should also see the update go through in the event log. You can also take a look at the Change Log located in Organization -> Change Log to see if there was a firmware update pushed. Hope that helps.

Nick

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The best place to see firmware changes is under Organization/Firmware upgrades.

PhilipDAth_0-1719348727104.png

PhilipDAth_1-1719348764390.png

It doesn't tell you the prior firmware, but if it was a recent change you can click the "rollback" button to revert the change.

PhilipDAth_2-1719348808354.png

Errors should appear in the event log - but I would hope that they are a rare event.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.