Integration with County Police (ONVIF)

EJN
A model citizen

Integration with County Police (ONVIF)

Broward County in Florida is able to access school cameras from their emergency operations center. My understanding is they do this through ONVIF, regardless of what camera system is in the school.

I know Meraki doesn't support ONVIF. What are my options for Broward County to get access to our Meraki cameras? Is the answer to look into a custom development using the API?

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Login in via the Meraki Dashboard.  Doesn't get simpler than that.

EJN
A model citizen

Dashboard is simple/easy for our internal users, but I cannot expect the police to use the Meraki dashboard (unless they had a significant portion of entities on Meraki such as schools, churches, etc). Their standard to access school cameras is ONVIF. I will look more into RTSP.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

I would enable RTSP on the cameras. Normally the agents support direct rtsp.

EJN
A model citizen

Reading the RTSP documentation, it says only LAN clients can access RTSP. This wouldn't work for remote access from the police system, correct?

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can put into any IP address you want - it just has to be reachable from your camera.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.