Initial setup of MV12W on Wi-Fi - (idiot alert question!!!)

Solved
NickHowells
Here to help

Initial setup of MV12W on Wi-Fi - (idiot alert question!!!)

Hi all, I am trying to setup a Meraki MV12W at home, can i set it up straight out of the box on Wireless or do I need a Cat5 to go into, say, my Sky Hub, to get the initial configuration. I am setting everything up in Dashboard, claimed the license etc, but of course the MV isn't seeing it as its not connecting to the Cloud/internet as it has no cabled connection.

Think I need another Cat5 cable, i have one to go from Power Injector into MV12W, then I need one more to go into my Sky Hub/Broadband/Router.

Technology Head - Networking and CyberSecurity at Vohkus
1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to plug it into the Internet initially.  Also note the first time it powers up it can take 10 minutes to start working as it encrypts its storage.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to plug it into the Internet initially.  Also note the first time it powers up it can take 10 minutes to start working as it encrypts its storage.

Awesome thanks Philip, as I expected. I will need to find another Cat5e cable (who uses cables these days!!! 😉 ) and get it sorted. Thanks for the quick response.

Technology Head - Networking and CyberSecurity at Vohkus
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.