Floorplans for Camera-Only Admin Meraki Vision

Mitchell858
Here to help

Floorplans for Camera-Only Admin Meraki Vision

We've been trying to get our people setup to view floorplans in the vision portal. If we assign them as Camera-only admins, they can't see floor plans. We've had to assign them as Organization admins but we'd rather not have everyone at that level.

Does anyone know a setting I'm missing to have Camera-only admins be able to view floorplans in the Vision Portal?

Thanks,

Mitch

9 REPLIES 9
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you try with the Organization's read-only permission?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

That is our current work around, yes. But I think it's causing all our people to receive Meraki support emails about our networks updates across our different sites and stuff like that. A small problem ,yes, but I figured the it could be fixed for the Camera-Only admin role.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Seems to be a limitation at the moment. And I agree it should be visible as it goes against the point of having camera admin roles. I will check with the Product Team on this.

😎👍

Any news on this? We're in the same boat as well.

I've not heard an update. We've got our users as Read Only Organization Admins as a work around.

Any update on this one? Thanks!

Mitchell858
Here to help

In the vision portal, I'm finding no way to have a user be able to view floorplans and be restricted to not be able to exports. It's either yes floorplans and yes exports or no to both.

You're right, there is currently no way to give a user the ability to view floorplans in the Vision Portal but not allow them to export data. This is a known issue and Meraki is working on a fix.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.