Feature Update: Extended event duration options for alert triggers

GeorgeB
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Feature Update: Extended event duration options for alert triggers

The "Minimum event duration for trigger" configuration parameter for motion alerts has been updated to now allow for much longer wait timers before an alert is triggered. Originally the maximum configurable value was 3 seconds, it is now 30 seconds. This is now in production for all customers.

Minimum event duration for triggerMinimum event duration for trigger

3 REPLIES 3
EJN
A model citizen

Will try this soon. I have a concern with too many motion alerts in external cameras with insects and the like. I wonder/hope if increasing the duration will help with this.

As an add-on to this, I wonder if in addition to the length/time, we could also configure the sensitivity. For example, making it less sensitive will avoid insects, but still trigger on a person/car.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
GeorgeB
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Additional controls to help with the increased sensitivity of the new Motion Search 2.0 algorithm are on the way.

All outdoor cameras are susceptible to insects trigger false alerts due to the infra red illuminators making them appear very bright to the camera when they fly close to the lens. External or ancillary IR illuminators completely resolve this issue and are recommended in environments where there are lots of flying insects. 

Priesty
Building a reputation

Heaps better, has already made a difference.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.