Cameras stream slowly

Solved
RobertChiang
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Cameras stream slowly

Hi,

I have a MV63 in my network and it uses a ethernet cable connected to my fiber router and get DHCP IP from the router. It streams slowly like 15 sec later than real time and it cannot switch to direct stream. I ran a diag. And it's unavailable. I wondered if switch to direct stream would help stream faster.

截圖 2024-06-08 晚上10.57.56.png

1 Accepted Solution
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Livestream is for on network connections, if you are on another network then you have to stream via the cloud.  Or are you local, but just on another VLAN?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is the camera plugged into, is it a switch that can cope with multicast?  Are you on the same VLAN?

My camera is plugged into a LAN port of a fiber router. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

And are you also plugged into the same router?

No I’m in the other network. I remote control my camera via Dashboard.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Livestream is for on network connections, if you are on another network then you have to stream via the cloud.  Or are you local, but just on another VLAN?

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is always a delay even with local stream. I find the delay is 5-10 seconds usually. Cloud stream is much higher. 

If you want instant try RTSP otherwise you might need to look at other options. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.