Camera Static IP

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Camera Static IP

Just checking but it appears that I can't set a camera with a static IP via the dashboard and that it would have to be statically assigned using a DHCP server. 

Just checking if this is normal, I don't seem to have the option to set a static IP.

4 Replies 4
Priesty
Building a reputation

It is normal, I haven't been able to set statically. Didn't really bother me, must relied on the VLAN to hand out the DHCP.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

The option was never there to assign a static address to the camera. DHCP reservation is best bet.

Enthusiast

@kYutobi yip thats what I am guessing, strange that they haven;t followed the same format as the rest of the Meraki line up. I prefer my cameras to have static addresses. 

I have my DHCP server assign from a subnet using the leading characters of the MAC address.

For example, 172.16.110.x will be assigned whenever the MAC address starts with AB-CD-12-34-xx-xx.

It isn't guaranteed that the same camera will always have the same IP, but generally they will as long as they remain connected. I know all 110.x devices are cameras, and cameras only.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.