Camera Static IP

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Camera Static IP

Just checking but it appears that I can't set a camera with a static IP via the dashboard and that it would have to be statically assigned using a DHCP server. 

Just checking if this is normal, I don't seem to have the option to set a static IP.

4 Replies 4
Priesty
Building a reputation

It is normal, I haven't been able to set statically. Didn't really bother me, must relied on the VLAN to hand out the DHCP.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

The option was never there to assign a static address to the camera. DHCP reservation is best bet.

Enthusiast

@kYutobi yip thats what I am guessing, strange that they haven;t followed the same format as the rest of the Meraki line up. I prefer my cameras to have static addresses. 

I have my DHCP server assign from a subnet using the leading characters of the MAC address.

For example, 172.16.110.x will be assigned whenever the MAC address starts with AB-CD-12-34-xx-xx.

It isn't guaranteed that the same camera will always have the same IP, but generally they will as long as they remain connected. I know all 110.x devices are cameras, and cameras only.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.