Autonegotiation camera Meraki MV33

MauroF
Here to help

Autonegotiation camera Meraki MV33

Hi ,

ive got an issue with my cameras Meraki MV33. basically i connected 10 of them and most of them reach 1Gbps auto-negotiation.

few of them instead auto negotiate 100Mbps and 10mps. To be clear: it is  not a cable issue.Important to know,Camera are working HD quality even if low band so i dont have a real issue.

How is that possible? What could be the issue that differentiate one camera from the other? Thanks

4 Replies 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This can be several things.

• different mv hardware revision
  • Small defect on the switchport module on mv or switch
  • Cable issue( did you swap cable.of a 100mbit cam with a 1gb cam?)
  • Software issue(make sure switch and mv run latest firmware)
MauroF
Here to help

i Already  changed port, if i reload  an interface the camera changes from 10 to 100M and viceversa...Software is the same,Switch is new.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's probably a hardware issue, I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you swap two cameras, one operating at 1Gb/s and one operating at 10/100 - does the issue follow the camera (then it is a camera fault) or stay with the port (in which case it is something to do with the cabling or switch port).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.