Auto export video?

anthonymalanio
Conversationalist

Auto export video?

Are there any options to automatically export video after a certain amount of time? We are looking to save all footage for archiving/historical purposes.

3 REPLIES 3
Adam
Kind of a big deal

I don't believe there is.  What type of retention are you trying to achieve?   If you need extremely long retention then Meraki cameras may not be the best bet at this point.  But using the "Enable motion-based retention? Deletes footage older than 3 days in which no motion was detected." Adds quite a bit more duration to the recordings than you'd normally get. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Nope, you can't do this short of hiring an FTE to sit there and export footage, one hour a time, for days on end. 

If this is a hard requirement for you then you're really looking at the wrong product. This isn't a use case that the MV's are designed for. 

Marek
Conversationalist

This is exactly what I wanted to do with Meraki cameras. In my case I would like grab just one picture per day and to send it to some external storage or CLOUD space. A customer wants to send captured  a "building proces" on the construction yard.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.