Since moving the sensor, no more connection

Solved
DavidV38
Conversationalist

Since moving the sensor, no more connection

Hello everyone,

We tested an MT10 sensor in our old office. Since our move to new premises (and a new network on Meraki with an MX68 and 2 MR36s), our MT10 refuses to connect to the dashboard.

In the dashboard, I tested the "Move to another network" option. Not OK.

I tested the "Remove from network" option. Not OK. 

I tested the hard reset with the button. Not OK

The device is still Dormant Status.

I compared the Wifi settings between old and new network. This is the same config.

Do you have any idea ?

I'm french and I'm sorry for my limited english,

Thanks,

David

1 Accepted Solution
DavidV38
Conversationalist

Thanks for all your replies. Last night I updated my MX and my 2 MR with the latest version and the sensor is now going up.

The firmware version of the MR was 29.5.1 yesterday and 29.6.1 now. I don't know if my problem has been solved by the update but it works fine now. So thanks to all !!!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MT connects using bluetooth.  Is the device close enough  to the AP?

DavidV38
Conversationalist

Hi ww,

Thanks for your reply.

The MT10 sensor is near the MR36 less than 5m for the test. I tried putting the sensor against the MR36 but it didn't work.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Open a Support case so our Engineers can look at it.

It could be the AP firmware at the new location. Make sure you run the latest version 29.6.1, 29.7 RC, or 30.4 beta. Or, it could be upstream firewall rules preventing TCP port 7734. Impossible to say without being able to access the dashboard and do some troubleshooting.

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
DavidV38
Conversationalist

Thanks for your reply. I verify the firewall rules.

If it's not that, I will open a support case.

Thanks for your help.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DavidV38 is the device in the new network?  If not then that is the issue and if you cannot move it please ask support to do so.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried replacing the battery?

DavidV38
Conversationalist

Thanks for all your replies. Last night I updated my MX and my 2 MR with the latest version and the sensor is now going up.

The firmware version of the MR was 29.5.1 yesterday and 29.6.1 now. I don't know if my problem has been solved by the update but it works fine now. So thanks to all !!!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.