New MT Scheduled Alerts and Alert Profile Menu

David-H
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

New MT Scheduled Alerts and Alert Profile Menu

Environmental alerts can be scheduled to only send notifications during specific user-defined time periods. Examples may include: after business hours, on the weekends, or any other business-critical time period. 

The improved alert profile interface shows all of the possible alert conditions at once, making it easier and faster to set specific alert criteria.

Alert profiles can then be assigned to any number of MT sensors, ultimately simplifying the large deployments of sensors. 

Scheduled Alerts.gif

At Cisco Meraki, we value the voice of our customers and would love to hear what you think of these new features. If you have any comments related to these updates or would like to suggest new features, please leave a comment below or click "make a wish" on the Meraki Dashboard.

For more information related to the MT Sensors, please visit the Technical Documentation for MT Sensors.

10 REPLIES 10
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is awesome.

I've been hanging out for this for use with the door sensors.  The use case, detecting door open events when the business is closed.

I've been considering another use case recently.  Like most countries, we have Health and Safety and as part of that, you must provide a "reasonable" temperature environment for office workers.  Using the MT10 to track and record this, but only generate alerts when the business is open is another potential use case (for legal compliance).

alexsunny123
Just browsing

@David-H wrote:

Environmental alerts can be scheduled to only send notifications during specific user-defined time periods. Examples may include: after business hours, on the weekends, or any other business-critical time period. 

The improved alert profile interface shows all of the possible alert conditions at once, making it easier and faster to set specific alert criteria.

Alert profiles can then be assigned to any number of MT sensors, ultimately simplifying the large deployments of sensors. 

Scheduled Alerts.gif

At Cisco Meraki, we value the voice of our customers and would love to hear what you think of these new features. If you have any comments related https://ometv.onl https://chatroulette.top https://omegle.wtf https://bazoocam.cam to these updates or would like to suggest new features, please leave a comment below or click "make a wish" on the Meraki Dashboard.

For more information related to the MT Sensors, please visit the Technical Documentation for MT Sensors.

thanks my issue has been fixed.

@PhilipDAth  Good idea but the term "reasonable" in regard to temperature is so loose it would be hard for Work safe to prosecute unless you were making office workers sit in sub zero temperatures. 

>Good idea but the term "reasonable" in regard to temperature is so loose it would be hard for Work safe to prosecute unless you were making office workers sit in sub zero temperatures. 

The guideline says you have to consult with workers to establish what is reasonable, and this has to be documented.

For office workers, they also publish a guide as to what they think might be reasonable.
https://www.worksafe.govt.nz/dmsdocument/5420-managing-thermal-comfort-at-work 

thumbnail_image.png

So @BlakeRichardson ,how many MT10s would you like to buy to comply with your Work Safe commitments now I have bought to your attention that you have not met your legal obligations?  🙂

Tounge in cheek.  See how this could be an easy sales avenue?

@PhilipDAth  Haha zero, building management system logs all temperature levels every 15 mins. 

Nice try though.

MichelRueger
Building a reputation

Hi David,

This is Perfekt, now I don't get anymore alerts during the day 🙂 Thanks for That. But I Just have a very big Wish!

Please make it possible to get the Temperatur information more often like all 30 Seconds if the Sensors is connected to USB C Power Supply. (you don't need anymore to same Battery Live) 

WE want to be able to detect a Temperatur Chance within a short time. 

for example alert if the temperature goes up more that 5 Cellius with 2 Minutes. 

We could do this true api but actually the temperature infos you get true API could be in worst case 20 Minutes old, and with a 2 Minutes time frame.

is it a big thing to add this?

regards Michel Rueger

@MichelRueger , to get features promoted in the Meraki world you need to include use cases.  What would be the use case for faster reporting?

MichelRueger
Building a reputation

@PhilipDAth we have a big multinational Pharma Company in Switzerland wich want to monitor more close temperature  in rooms.  

We want to create a Dashboard (Like the VideoWall) but with all temperature sensors where we see all temperature of all rooms. (if possible in real time).

Actual with the setup the temperature sensor works there can be a delay of up tu 20 minutes until you have the values, and the Delay between 2 measurements is 2 minutes. This is absolutely ok if you are running on Batery mode. but it would be perfekt to have like all 30 seconds measurement in realtime id the sensor is connected to USC C Power.

I did already a "Make a Wich" 🙂

regards Michel

@MichelRueger Thank you for the feedback and making a wish for this feature. I will share this use case and feature request with the development team so that hopefully they can add it to a future update.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.