MTI5 Showing Port disconnect

Solved
emmaozoms
Getting noticed

MTI5 Showing Port disconnect

Hello Guys,

I installed MT15 between 6ft to 8ft from the ground based on the installation guide in the datasheet. The MT15 is connected to MS120. I observed the port the MT15 is connected to the MS120 is showing (Port disconnected), I tested the ethernet cable and it's all in good condition and also tried to connect MR36 to it and the device came online and shows the cable is ok. Please what likely can be the issue? Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

This is accurate.  There is no IP Stack on the MT sensors so the only way the communicate to the dashboard is through the gateway they connect to (MV or MR).  The ethernet option is STRICTLY and only PoE today. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The MT15 uses Ethernet for PoE, it doesn't establish a data link. On my home switch for example I see it drawing power but the link doesn't come up. It uses BLE to connect to MR/MV.

ConnorL_0-1713337288601.png

This is the same I observed in the MT15 I installed. Is this normal?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

To the best of my knowledge, the PoE option for the MT15 is for power only.  It is not used for data.

I think this is expected behaviour.

It communicates using Bluetooth to a modern MR or MV.

PhilipDAth_0-1713382583737.png

This is accurate.  There is no IP Stack on the MT sensors so the only way the communicate to the dashboard is through the gateway they connect to (MV or MR).  The ethernet option is STRICTLY and only PoE today. 

Thank you, guys, for the detailed shared information.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.