MT14 short memory

Solved
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MT14 short memory

I was sure that the MT10 sensors retained about 7 days of data should they lose contact with the network, or am I mistaken there?  In comparison I found that an MT14 that has lost connection only retained the last 12 hours of data when reconnected.

Has anyone else had experience of this?

1 Accepted Solution
OllieGerrard
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Because of the frequency rate and high amount of measurements on the MT14, the on-board storage is unable to store 5 days of measurements before it gets re-written - I'll make sure this gets mentioned in the docs too and it's something we're investigating for improvements in the future.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Should be approximately 5 days per the doc. I’d open a case to see why they can find if you’re not seeing that and it was powered for the last 5 days at least. 

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
OllieGerrard
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Because of the frequency rate and high amount of measurements on the MT14, the on-board storage is unable to store 5 days of measurements before it gets re-written - I'll make sure this gets mentioned in the docs too and it's something we're investigating for improvements in the future.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks both @OllieGerrard and @Ryan_Miles, very happy to have a quick pair of definitive responses 👍

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.