MT14 going offline when MV only connection

SOLVED
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MT14 going offline when MV only connection

We recently replaced an MT10 with an MT14 in a network that does not have and MRs, but does have an MV.  The MT10 performed reliably for a long time, but the MT14 keeps dropping off for days and then reconnecting when we either press the button or shortly after that.

Has anyone else deployed MT14s, particularly in networks without MRs?  If so, have you seen any similar issues?

Finally, there doesn't seem to be an alert for when a sensor has not reported for a set amount of time.  The dashboard does acknowledge it, but you have to go and look before you realise that it is offline, which is not the most useful!  Or have I missed something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have a MT14 but its connected via an MR so not the same but I will keep an eye on it. I have an MT10 connected via an MV and that has been rock solid. 

Maybe reboot the MV and see if that helps? What firmware is your MV running?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is also not good that the MT14 particulate matter sensor needs a wired power connection when this is not mentioned in the datasheet or anywhere other than when you look at the reading history (where I think it was recently added).  At the least the documentation needs updating...

cmr_0-1667159094560.png

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Lol, I don't remember seeing that before we bought and re-read the PDF datasheet before posting, still without seeing it... I blame COVID!

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

How far away is the gateway MV?    What kind of signal strength is reported, when it does connect?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is 1.2 m away in the same room.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm sure you have already checked - any firmware updates for the MT?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I wouldn't put anything past me these days... Just checked and the network is set for 1.4 which is the current release, with no release candidates or betas available.  I was actually at the site today and forgot to press the button, but I'm back tomorrow so will add a comment once re-visited.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have a MT14 but its connected via an MR so not the same but I will keep an eye on it. I have an MT10 connected via an MV and that has been rock solid. 

Maybe reboot the MV and see if that helps? What firmware is your MV running?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@BlakeRichardson that was my next test after pressing the button today didn't reconnect it.  The MV was running 4.20.  However 5.00 came out before I had a chance, so I upgraded and it reconnected...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.