MT connectivity to MR's in different dashboard network

Solved
Dunky
A model citizen

MT connectivity to MR's in different dashboard network

Hopefully this is a really quick question....

We have a number of MT11 sensors installed but the users need to be able to access these in the dashboard and download the readings for audit purposes.

To do this I need to split them off into a separate network and make the users Full Admins as otherwise they dont see the Download option.

The question is - will the MT's still BLE connect ok to the MR's that are in the existing network (i.e. they will be in 2 diff networks so far as the dashboard is concerned.

imho, the whole issue of user access to Sensors to VIEW and DOWNLOAD needs to be rethought as I cant be the only person that is getting such requests from users?

1 Accepted Solution
Dunky
A model citizen

Should have read more before I posted - just seen another thread saying the MT and MR have to be in same network.  That isnt going to work as the user needs to be full admin in order to download the logs for auditing accreditation purposes.

I do hope Meraki sort this soon as I can see them moving away from Meraki if we cannot give them access/

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Dunky
A model citizen

Should have read more before I posted - just seen another thread saying the MT and MR have to be in same network.  That isnt going to work as the user needs to be full admin in order to download the logs for auditing accreditation purposes.

I do hope Meraki sort this soon as I can see them moving away from Meraki if we cannot give them access/

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.