Leak Sensor cable recall replacement cable colour (Green) and (White)

SOLVED
CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

Leak Sensor cable recall replacement cable colour (Green) and (White)

I have 3 x Leak sensors White cables. (MA-CBL-LEAK-1)  these have been recalled and replaced with  2 x Green cables (MA-CBL-LEAK-1A) and 1 x White cables (MA-CBL-LEAK-1)

I assumed the green cable is the newer model cable and the White was the older one that was recalled ???

Was I sent one more  faulty cable   how could I know ???

Charles

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yea, and understable on the confusion.  The first batch was ordered as green as we were trying to get replacements out ASAP and green was the first color we could get out to our customers first.  Moving forward, all cables will be white.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

I got this update from support  the  (MA-CBL-LEAK-1)  I received is one that has the issue fixed and the case closed automatically

This is very very confusing..  So all new cables that have the defect fixed have the same part number as the cables that have the defect.  The colour is exactly the same as the ones that have the defect.  When I look at them side by side I can not see any difference between them.  I admit the White cable looks so much better than the green one and looks very ugly under the white aircon unit it protects.  I prefer the white cable but would have liked to have seen something on the cable that indicates that this is the 1A cable even a green dot on the plug.    If Meraki know exactly all the customer that received the faulty leak cables why is this not listed in the  Help-> hardware replacements  menu for the people effected ?  I have sold Leak Detectors to other customers and have NO idea if they have faulty cables to.  I can not look at the existing cables and know by colour.   I cannot look in the dash board and know they were part of the recall.  Am I missing something here ??  What colour cables have others been getting as part of the recall  I would be interested to know.

CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

Can some one please conform that has just bought a new Leak Sensor cable that they received the MA-CBL-LEAK-1  and not the MA-CBL-LEAK-1A  ??    and was it White or Green ???

Yea, and understable on the confusion.  The first batch was ordered as green as we were trying to get replacements out ASAP and green was the first color we could get out to our customers first.  Moving forward, all cables will be white.  

Thank you for the clarification.  White is much nicer color.   I have some under some air conditioners  and the green looks terrible against the white wall.     Another Question   when I am at a customer site  how can I tell if they have been replaced by looking at them,  if they are both white now ??  is there some other tell tale sign ??  

Unfortunately the cables are not visually differentiated.  Only real option is track carefully as things are replaced.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.