Cannot Get Sensor Data

MeVan
Here to help

Cannot Get Sensor Data

Three questions:

1) I choose date range as shown here oct 1-oct30 2021 and download as csv. Dates in csv file are 1/22 - 2/20/2022. This is regardless of which dates I choose. I'm expecting to get csv of dates chosen. What am I doing wrong? 

MeVan_0-1645496577052.png

2) Cannot choose more than 30 days at a time. Selector is broken. How to get timespan of several months?

3) Even if this worked, it's a cumbersome means of getting sensor data. What is more efficient means so we can pull into our own db. 

2 Replies 2
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

For the first issue I'd ask you open a Support case as this is likely a bug in dashboard. I'm seeing the same behavior.

For number 2. The data is logged for 365 days. In the custom time range selector you can go back 365 days. But, you can only a view a max of 30 days at a time. So, for example you can view May 1, 2021 to May 30, 2021. Showing more than 30 days in the dashboard will require a feature enhancement.

For number 3 have you explored the MT API? You could potentially create scheduled calls to grab the sensor data and drop it to an external spot.

Thanks. Looks like the dashboard is broken for what I'm trying to do. The MT API is a good suggestion but the docs aren't so clear with selecting timespans. I'm able to do this below and get data. I fund this from some other post. But how might I use the parameters. There are no examples given! 

curl -L -H 'X-Cisco-Meraki-API-Key: <api_key>' -H 'Contenttion/json' -X GET https://api.meraki.com/api/v1/organizations/<org_id>/sensor/readings/history

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.