28.5.1 MR Firmware for MT devices

SOLVED
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

28.5.1 MR Firmware for MT devices

Today I belatedly discovered that there is a beta firmware available for WiFi5 wave 2 APs that is specifically designed to make MT communications more reliable.  I have had a couple of tickets about this with MR42s so I am applying the update and hopefully it will improve the stability of the connections...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yes @cmr please report back, that should fix the issue.  Sorry it wasn't more obvious, 28.5.1 was mainly put out to address that specific issue, although the stable/GA MR firmware is still listed as 28.5 for the time being, 28.5.1 only becomes obvious when actually looking into the release notes.  28.6 should drop soon fairly soon. 

28.5.1notes.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Awesome, thanks for sharing. 

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yes @cmr please report back, that should fix the issue.  Sorry it wasn't more obvious, 28.5.1 was mainly put out to address that specific issue, although the stable/GA MR firmware is still listed as 28.5 for the time being, 28.5.1 only becomes obvious when actually looking into the release notes.  28.6 should drop soon fairly soon. 

28.5.1notes.jpg

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @MerakiDave , at the site that was still having problems it is better and now doesn't go offline for long periods of time (7-10 days before).  The longest downtime since the update has been 13 hours, but it is commonly only 2-4 hours now.  That MT was always going to be a challenge as the signal is only -88 dBm to -93 dBm to the nearest Wi-Fi 5 wave 2 AP...  I have ordered some WiFi 6 APs for that site to replace some closer Wi-Fi 5 wave 1 APs, but there is a little wait at the moment 🙊

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Just an update here, since we deployed 28.6 not long after the post above, the sensor that was very unstable has been (fingers crossed) perfect.

Good update 👍

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.