uplinks to different core switches

NetworkBone
Comes here often

uplinks to different core switches

Right now I have an MX 250 in HA connect to my core meraki switch MS425 stack. The MX 250 serves as the site to site connection between the main office to the branch offices, no internet traffic. I have an access port going from the MS to MX and that is working fine. The issue is what I am having is now when I am introducing my DC cores switches (nexus 5548s) to the MX. On the MX I used the multiple vlans options and create two separate access ports to communication to the DC core switches. When I do this the MS core switch losses communications to the MX and to all the branch offices. Am I doing something wrong.? I come from the world of Cisco CLI and normally I would just configure a L3 port with a /30 between the two devices. I open a ticket with Meraki Support and so far I got answer link like the uplinks need to be in the vpn for it to work(tried it off hours and it didn't work). I have attached an image of what I am try to do.mxdesign.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sound like some stp issue. What stp prio has your nexus and ms250?

Maybe better to connect only ms or nexus to the mx and trunk all vlans to the mx.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

First tip.  The MX is not spanning-tree aware, so do not dual connect it to the same switched domain.  That is likely to solve your problem straight away.  Single connect each MX to one switch.

Next tip, the Meraki (standard) and Cisco Enterprise implementations of RTSP (uses per-vlan implementation) don't interoperate very well.  Change the Nexus core to use MSTP (called MST on Nexus) and everything can talk the same spanning tree language.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels