opening ports

Gregory1
Just browsing

opening ports

I am very new to networking.

I have security cameras behind a meraki firewall in one of my locations and i want to be able to access the cameras in one of my other locations behind another meraki firewall.  I have the IP of the DVR and instructions on which ports will need to be opened to gain access.  I am not certain how to do this. Is this a forwarding rule, NAT rule??????

Hope someone can give me the layout to make this happen. I would be very appreciative.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could use port forwarding : https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/NAT_and_Port_Forwarding/Port_Forwarding_and_NAT_Rules_on_the_MX#...

Once configured you would connect via your MX WAN IP and what ever port you just configured. 

Network-dad
A model citizen

Questions...

Do you have site-to-site VPN set up between you Meraki firewalls?'

Are you trying to access these cameras from the outside internet? not in your company network?

If you have the site-to-site VPN up and you just want to access them from your company's network there should be nothing needed to make this work.

if you are trying to access them from the outside like at home then yes this would be a port forward. here is some great documentation on how to set up a port forward. https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/NAT_and_Port_Forwarding/Port_Forwarding_and_NAT_Rules_on_the_MX

Hope this helps..

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad

Thank you for the reply.  The meraki side that wants to receive the video shows hub under site-to-site VPN. The meraki that has the dvr shows spoke under site-to-site VPN

So are you viewing the video inside the network or from out of the office? 

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad

Hi,

Inside the network

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels