non-meraki vpn tunnel not appearing in event logs

ZDonaldson
Getting noticed

non-meraki vpn tunnel not appearing in event logs

All,

I have (2) non-meraki vpn tunnels on a particular MX device.  one of the tunnels is showing events in the event log (lots of them), but the other tunnel which is having issues is literally showing nothing.

I am using the Client filter and get no results in the Event Logs.  I have also manually scanned through the logs both in the dashboard and via download, again no results.

Is there a way to turn off/on events for a particular vpn connection? 

Zane D - IT Manager in Sin City NV
3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can't disable logging by VPN.

If you ping the remove encryption domain it should try and bring the VPN up.  The other possibility is the VPN is up but something else is wrong (such as VPN firewall rules).

yes, I was able to bring the tunnel down and back up.  but when I do that, there is nothing in the logs for this particular tunnel...

actually, with the problem I am having, I have to reconnect the tunnel several times to get it to pass traffic.  I was hoping for logs that would show me which encryption config it is using when it comes up versus what it is using when it won't pass traffic.

but, absolutely nothing is showing in the logs for this tunnel.

I have another non-meraki tunnel that is showing event logs just fine.  weird

Zane D - IT Manager in Sin City NV

Did you ever resolve this, I have the exact same issue.  Non-meraki VPN to Azure is down but absolutly nothing in the event logs

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels