local page MX from remote not display

Aondio_Carlo
Here to help

local page MX from remote not display

Hi, i have configured on meraki mx the web access on the firewaal parameter but if i will connect from remote i not receive login page.

I don't find specific document for this problem on meraki sites.

Can you help me?

Thank

10 REPLIES 10
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

Hey @Aondio_Carlo, I'm not too sure I understand your problem, however, I assume it's that you're trying to access the local status pages of your Meraki appliances by VPN into your network?

Are you able to ping the management IP of your Meraki devices when connecting from the VPN?

Have a read of this document too which outlines the configuration steps required to enable remote Local status page access and some common troubleshooting steps; https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_M....

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Lucas_Kramer
Here to help

And it works locally? So you've set this: 

Capture2.PNG

If so, the only conclusion I can think of is that it have something to do with the settings on the firewall. If you're MX is the external firewall, you just have to put in your WAN IP-address and that should work. 

Anima Sana In Corpore Sano
helpful comment? Get me some kudos 🙂

Hi, i don't have the choice remote page.

I have only the localpage configuration.

Regards

Can you share a screendump what you see in "Network-wide -> General -> Device configuration" ? 

Hi, this the stamp

WP_20180202_001.jpg

And does it work locally? Have you enabled it and tested it? 

"Enable or disable access to the local device status pages at my.meraki.com, switch.meraki.com, wired.meraki.com. For MX's, this disables access from the LAN. Configure MX remote access here."

You see a little box when it is enabled, which forwards you to you L3/L7 firewall rules. Have you set any of those? 

If I understand your question correctly - this excerpt from the documentation explains what to do -

Controlling Remote Access to the Local Status Page
On MX/Z1 series devices, by default access to the local status page is only available to devices via the LAN IP address(es). However, it is possible to allow access via the WAN/Internet IP as well.

1. Navigate to Security Appliance > Configure > Firewall > Layer 3 > Appliance services.
  2. In the field for Web (local status & configuration), enter "Any" to allow access from any remote IPs. Or enter address ranges in CIDR notation, separated by commas, e.g. 192.168.13.73/32, 192.168.47.0/24
  3. Click Save Changes.

Make sure you note the username/password you have set for accessing device local pages.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

Hi, yes i have tested local page from lan and it's ok.

I don't have firewall 7 rules

Because i don't have remote access choise?

Regards

remote access.jpg

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
Adam
Kind of a big deal

In addition to what the others suggested you may also need to set the Security Appliance>Firewall>Web (local status & configuration) with the IP(s) you'll be connecting from. 

Capture.PNG

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels