internet service as destination

SOLVED
James12
Here to help

internet service as destination

checking does Meraki is able to use internet service for a destination?
planning to set rules to monitor Microsoft office traffic.

sample screenshot from other products.

James12_0-1629796271486.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@James12, there is capability to set rules for various traffic types, or to understand the performance of those traffic types with Meraki Insight. You'll need to be on the MX 16 firmware (beta) to get the greatest set of options for application traffic as this firmware implements the Cisco NBAR2 engine. When you're on this firmware you'll see many more traffic classes that you can shape against or define SD-WAN rules against (Microsoft Office 365 is under the 'Productivity' group).

Bruce_0-1629846919389.png

Meraki Insight is a great tool for assisting you determine where an issue is if you have slow response times, but it really is just a monitoring and diagnostic tool.

There is also a license level above Advanced Security now, its called SD-WAN Plus. It includes the Meraki Insight capability and also adds a few extra features too. One of which is VPN Full Tunnel Exclusion based on application type. Essentially what that allows is for AutoVPN/SD-WAN to run in full tunnel mode, with pre-defined applications being chosen to not be put into the tunnel, i.e. to be excluded and have local breakout. Meraki have also hinted at additional SD-WAN specific features being added to the SD-WAN Plus license too.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

hi @James12 

I believe you'll require Meraki Insights to offer this level of visability:

https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_datasheet_mi.pdf

This is licensed per MX.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

@DarrenOC Thanks for the share.
I always thought advanced security is the premium coverage license from Meraki.

I don't see any Internet Services but monitoring ?
we still want to set rules to dedicate for Microsoft Office Traffic.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

@James12, there is capability to set rules for various traffic types, or to understand the performance of those traffic types with Meraki Insight. You'll need to be on the MX 16 firmware (beta) to get the greatest set of options for application traffic as this firmware implements the Cisco NBAR2 engine. When you're on this firmware you'll see many more traffic classes that you can shape against or define SD-WAN rules against (Microsoft Office 365 is under the 'Productivity' group).

Bruce_0-1629846919389.png

Meraki Insight is a great tool for assisting you determine where an issue is if you have slow response times, but it really is just a monitoring and diagnostic tool.

There is also a license level above Advanced Security now, its called SD-WAN Plus. It includes the Meraki Insight capability and also adds a few extra features too. One of which is VPN Full Tunnel Exclusion based on application type. Essentially what that allows is for AutoVPN/SD-WAN to run in full tunnel mode, with pre-defined applications being chosen to not be put into the tunnel, i.e. to be excluded and have local breakout. Meraki have also hinted at additional SD-WAN specific features being added to the SD-WAN Plus license too.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels