does Meraki MX BGP support graceful restart

ismailsh
Comes here often

does Meraki MX BGP support graceful restart

We have deployed Meraki MX in our Datacenter in HA mode.  We will be configuring BGP between the Meraki and our Core layer3  switches.  I would like to know if Meraki MX BGP implementation support graceful restart.  Below is example configuration from Cisco router BGP configuration that I would like to know if Meraki BGP supports.

router bgp 65504

neighbor 10.1.x.x ha-mode graceful-restart

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would doubt it.  Only an NSF-capable router can enable a graceful restart.  Otherwise, all you are doing is advertising that you can support it, but not using it.

Are you using an NSF-capable router (typically has dual supervisor engines)?

ismailsh
Comes here often

Hi,

On the core switch side we know it supports graceful restart because we are already using that BGP feature with other BGP peers.

On the Meraki side we are using Meraki MX 250.  We would like to know if the BGP implementation on the Meraki MX 250 supports graceful restart or not.

Thanks.

KH
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @ismailsh 

You should be able to know the optional parameters that Meraki supports by looking at the BGP open message. I went ahead and configured BGP on 2 MXes and looked at the BGP OPEN message after restarting one from the dashboard and it appears to show that the MX supports and participates in Graceful Restart

BGP OPEN.png

Hopefully this helps!

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels